STAR BURST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Karolina Protsenko
by Garth C Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:57 pm

» Emily Linge
by Garth C Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:56 pm

» Iuliana Beregoi
by Garth C Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:53 pm

» Patricia Janeckova
by bruce 34 Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:13 am

» Laura Bretan
by Garth C Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:31 pm

» Sofia Shkidchenko
by Garth C Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:25 pm

» Renata Tairova
by Mikki Ort Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:42 am

» Ana Kodra
by Garth C Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:01 pm

» Ariana Maistrov
by Garth C Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:54 pm

» Maria Panyukova
by Garth C Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:01 pm

» Maria Mirova
by bruce 34 Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:21 am

» Eva Timush
by Sylver Cheetah 53 Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:47 am

» Yasya Degtyareva
by Garth C Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:53 pm

» Eva Silivestru
by Garth C Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:20 pm

» Adela Borș
by Garth C Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:59 pm

» Amelia Uzun
by Garth C Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:48 pm

» Diana Ankudinova
by Garth C Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:22 am

» Kamelia Melnic
by Garth C Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:20 am

» Margarita Vorobyeva
by Garth C Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:14 pm

» Amira Willighagen
by Garth C Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:19 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

America's Got Talent

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

America's Got Talent - Page 2 Empty America's Got Talent

Post by Admin Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

United States

America's Got Talent - Page 2 Americas-got-talent

Youtube Channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/AmericasGotTalent

Facebook Page:  https://www.facebook.com/agt

Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/agt/

Admin
Admin

https://starburst.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

America's Got Talent - Page 2 Empty Re: America's Got Talent

Post by Garth C Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:51 pm

Charlie M wrote:I am totally shocked that no one liked the video above to even give it a thumbs up. Scratching Head

I would have given it a like if not for the "you know who" comment. I figured if I gave that a like, "you know who" fans would be at my door with torches and pitchforks. Afraid
Garth C
Garth C

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie M Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:00 pm

Garth C wrote:
Charlie M wrote:I am totally shocked that no one liked the video above to even give it a thumbs up. Scratching Head

I would have given it a like if not for the "you know who" comment. I figured if I gave that a like, "you know who" fans would be at my door with torches and pitchforks.  Afraid
Got ya Garth! You mean the missing you know who fans that never post or comment here or the ones that look on as guests? OMG! The kid is good!
Charlie M
Charlie M

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce 34 Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:13 pm

Garth C wrote:

I would have given it a like if not for the "you know who" comment. I figured if I gave that a like, "you know who" fans would be at my door with torches and pitchforks.  Afraid

I didn't know who the "you know who" comment was referring to. I could think of a number of young singers on this board who have sung Nessun Dorma and I don't recall having given any of them a like for it. I know it's not the girl's fault but starting the performance in the middle of the aria wasn't a plus for me. I suppose I'm just not a fan of young girls singing that particular aria. Many years ago I did go to a Pavarotti concert where he performed it and somewhere in the back of my mind I think of that when I hear it sung as Emanne did. Yeah, call me a snob lol.
bruce 34
bruce 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth C Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:22 pm

bruce 34 wrote:I didn't know who the "you know who" comment was referring to. I could think of a number of young singers on this board who have sung Nessun Dorma and I don't recall having given any of them a like for it. I know it's not the girl's fault but starting the performance in the middle of the aria wasn't a plus for me. I suppose I'm just not a fan of young girls singing that particular aria. Many years ago I did go to a Pavarotti concert where he performed it and somewhere in the back of my mind I think of that when I hear it sung as Emanne did. Yeah, call me a snob lol.

The reference was to the main subject of the forum that we originally met on, before this forum came into being. That forum wasn't too bad, but there were a couple of other ones, including the official one, where there were either nothing but put downs of any other artist, or it was forbidden to mention other artists at all. None of those forums exist anymore, but I do know that this site was tagged as a potential fan site a couple years back. But that fan base must have gone elsewhere.  Rolling Eyes It's certainly possible though, that some guests remain.
Garth C
Garth C

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie M Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:45 pm

<
Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!
Charlie M
Charlie M

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie M Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:26 am

<
Thumbs Up! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Over the years I have lost interest in this show and this year is an exception. I have a couple of favorites this year---Emanne and this kid. WOW!
Charlie M
Charlie M

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie M Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:04 pm

<
OMG!! She is incredible! Don't have the Judges comments yet. 10 years old WOW!
Charlie M
Charlie M

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth C Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:32 pm

<
Charlie M wrote:OMG!! She is incredible! Don't have the Judges comments yet. 10 years old WOW!

With judges' comments Thumbs Up!

Garth C
Garth C

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce 34 Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:51 pm

<
Charlie M wrote:OMG!! She is incredible! Don't have the Judges comments yet. 10 years old WOW!

I'm not a fan of children performing these aria type songs and I might have said that before, but this girl is something else imo. I think she is the best of all those who have gone before her and I have reasons but, obviously, I won't elaborate. I hope she does well in the comp and that we will see a lot more of her in the future Cheers Cheers Cheers
bruce 34
bruce 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie M Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:22 pm

<
At this point I have my favorite and there is no need to overlook someone who has talent. This kid is pretty darn good! Happy
Charlie M
Charlie M

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth C Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:15 pm

<

Well, I guess my blood pressure has come down enough to post now. Very Mad

I was totally shocked that Emanne didn't get into the Top 3 and then got voted out of the Dunkin Save. She had to be rescued by the judges. Shocked
Likely no chance of her placing in the top half in the Final.  Very Mad

What is wrong with people?  Amazed  In Canada, anyone with any singing talent has to go elsewhere, usually to the US to get anywhere because they aren't appreciated here. And in the US, anyone with classical talent has to go elsewhere like Europe because they aren't appreciated there. No!  

I know Emanne has roots in the Middle East as she won Arabs Got Talent so I now think it is entirely possible she will end up moving back there in order to pursue her career, she won't get anywhere in the US (or Canada either of course). Just like Laura Bretan who figured she would be more appreciated in Romania. Too few cultured people over here in the West. Rolling Eyes
Our loss.  Down The Toilet

Garth C
Garth C

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie M Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Garth C wrote:

I was totally shocked that Emanne didn't get into the Top 3 and then got voted out of the Dunkin Save. She had to be rescued by the judges. Shocked

What is wrong with people?  Amazed  In Canada, anyone with any singing talent has to go elsewhere, usually to the US to get anywhere because they aren't appreciated here. And in the US, anyone with classical talent has to go elsewhere like Europe because they aren't appreciated there. No!  

I know Emanne has roots in the Middle East as she won Arabs Got Talent so I now think it is entirely possible she will end up moving back there in order to pursue her career, she won't get anywhere in the US (or Canada either of course). Just like Laura Bretan who figured she would be more appreciated in Romania. Too few cultured people over here in the West. Rolling Eyes

Great post Garth and I could have just given it a thumbs up without making a comment. Emanne is as much a citizen of the USA as I am! I wonder how a nasty foreigner could have beautiful blue eyes and sing so well? She must get food stamps and be a burden to us who rightfully deserve those entitlements. Laughing Out Loud!
Charlie M
Charlie M

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth C Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 pm

Charlie M wrote:
Garth C wrote:

Great post Garth and I could have just given it a thumbs up without making a comment. Emanne is as much a citizen of the USA as I am! I wonder how a nasty foreigner could have beautiful blue eyes and sing so well? She must get food stamps and be a burden to us who rightfully deserve those entitlements. Laughing Out Loud!  

I don't know if she is a US citizen or not, she could be. She was born in Amman, Jordan. Emanne from Amman, now there's a stage name! Happy

All I'm saying is if there are more opportunities over there, she may fly the coop. Lots of rich sheikhs and Arab princes would pay a tidy sum for a private concert or to have her sing at weddings and birthdays, I am sure. Money
Garth C
Garth C

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie M Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:45 pm

Garth C wrote:
Charlie M wrote:
Garth C wrote:

I don't know if she is a US citizen or not, she could be. She was born in Amman, Jordan. Emanne from Amman, now there's a stage name! Happy

All I'm saying is if there are more opportunities over there, she may fly the coop. Lots of rich sheikhs and Arab princes would pay a tidy sum for a private concert or to have her sing at weddings and birthdays, I am sure. Money
Very interesting! I think she was born in the USA. Wouldn't tat make her a citizen- regardless? Who cares at this point? What a shame how this all has evolved. Sad
Charlie M
Charlie M

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth C Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:53 pm

<
Charlie M wrote:
Garth C wrote:
Charlie M wrote:
Garth C wrote:

Very interesting! I think she was born in the USA. Wouldn't tat make her a citizen- regardless? Who cares at this point? What a shame how this all has evolved. Sad

No, she wasn't born in the US, but her mother is American. So if an American citizen has a kid elsewhere, maybe that makes the kid an American citizen as well, I am not sure how that works. It doesn't matter except for the fact that it makes it a lot easier for her to move for her career if she wants to, as she probably has citizenship where she was born. Hopefully she will have some opportunities in the US, but I am not too optimistic, there just isn't much of a market for classical singers there.
Garth C
Garth C

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth C Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:44 pm

<

Well, as I predicted, Emanne didn't make it into the Top 5. Cry I expected that after watching last night and 8 of the 10 acts had some type of sob story that they played up to the hilt in their pre-performance clip. Emanne and Benicio were the only 2 without a big sad sob story. And we've seen this movie before on Voice Kids Russia, where sob stories beat out the real talent. Very Mad

I think they may have to rename this show America's Got A Kleenex. Rolling Eyes

Garth C
Garth C

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie M Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:17 pm

<
Garth C wrote:

Well, as I predicted, Emanne didn't make it into the Top 5. Cry  I expected that after watching last night and 8 of the 10 acts had some type of sob story that they played up to the hilt in their pre-performance clip. Emanne and Benicio were the only 2 without a big sad sob story. And we've seen this movie before on Voice Kids Russia, where sob stories beat out the real talent. Very Mad

I think they may have to rename this show America's Got A Kleenex. Rolling Eyes

Sadly Laughing Out Loud!
Charlie M
Charlie M

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce 34 Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:20 am

<
I don't follow AGT. I can watch the acts on youtube but couldn't be bothered. I have just seen on one of our news pages that the winner is blind and autistic. To me, he was the obvious winner right from the start Laughing Out Loud!
bruce 34
bruce 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth C Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:48 am

<

Thumbs Up!

Garth C
Garth C

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie M Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:57 am