Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Maria Mirova
by bruce 34 Today at 9:03 pm

» Maria Panyukova
by Charlie M Today at 7:07 am

» Eva Timush
by Garth C Today at 1:57 am

» Anna Graceman
by Garth C Yesterday at 7:43 pm

» Angelina Jordan
by Garth C Yesterday at 11:58 am

» Iuliana Beregoi
by Garth C Yesterday at 2:04 am

» Liza Perminova
by bruce 34 Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:26 pm

» Taisiya Podgornaya
by Garth C Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:58 pm

» Darci Farmer
by Charlie M Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:13 am

» Allie Sherlock
by Charlie M Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:02 am

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar Calendar


Emily Bear

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Emily Bear

Post by Admin on Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:09 am

First topic message reminder :




Emily is from the United States and is a successful composer and pianist.

Website:  http://mlebear.com/

Youtube Channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/emilybearpiano

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/mlebear/


Admin
Admin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2016-01-21

http://starburst.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down


Re: Emily Bear

Post by Aixlachapelle on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:30 pm

Loved meeting Marin Mazzie after her performance as Anna in ihe King and I on Broadway last night. Such an amazing performance and show! #gorockford

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13445661_10153751630951588_4964769732997566190_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=cd45944da4127a24ca713d54a67f709f&oe=57D31E1C&__gda__=1473411044_f6f32e715600503051b1cc5ce7848431

Tony Awards 2016 #NYC

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13413652_10153751649346588_3207704642261035022_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=57472efd85e2484b3f4037db9b01df87&oe=580C0A94&__gda__=1476912324_cf3ab0f323ec70f1912b42a53c190b35

"Love is love is love is love is love is love" (Emily on twitter)

Lin Manuel Miranda - Tony Award 2016

https://amp.twimg.com/v/48547c0a-7ba9-487a-9abb-3ed1cbc2c986


http://www.people.com/article/lin-manuel-miranda-cries-addresses-orlando-massacre-tony-awards

"When senseles acts of tragedy reminds us, that nothing here is promised, not one day, the show is proof that history remembers we lived through times that hate and fear seem stronger.
We rise and fall and light from dying embers, remembrances that hope and love last longer and love is love is love is love is love [is] cannot be killed and swept aside,
Now fill the world with music love and pride"

Aixlachapelle

Posts : 111
Join date : 2016-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by Aixlachapelle on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:45 pm

emilybearmusic loved taking pics today w this great team! stay tuned... @dearfella@christophermichaelhair

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGnUWjYws1C/

Aixlachapelle

Posts : 111
Join date : 2016-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by Mr.SG. on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:23 am

I have meant most of the young artist that I follow.
But Emily is the one remaining that I REALLY want to see and meet.
avatar
Mr.SG.

Posts : 111
Join date : 2016-01-24
Age : 69
Location : 655 Ingram Ave. 68817-0141

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by Aixlachapelle on Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:59 am


Aixlachapelle

Posts : 111
Join date : 2016-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by Aixlachapelle on Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:49 pm

Mr.SG. wrote:I have meant most of the young artist that I follow.
But Emily is the one remaining that I REALLY want to see and meet.

You may go to New York, July 22th She is one of the musicians who play with Jon Batiste and Stay Human here.

http://www.bricartsmedia.org/events-performances/bric-celebrate-brooklyn-festival/jon-batiste-and-stay-human-friends

Photos are from Jon Batiste week long social residency at "The Nomad" last year.
Jon Batiste who is the musical leader of "The Colbert Late Show" has a Masters Degree from Juilliard and at least the percussionist too. All the band members were at Juilliard and Emily knows them since she was 7 according to the talk with conductor Steven Larsen end of April.

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13445255_10153759360766588_6789752413446003611_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=e61e0597facb8dfe1b00003e15d8bef1&oe=57D25AF5


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJV57Xo1xFM (Emily at 0:28ff)


Here is a part of the  Master recital of the percussionist/drummer Jon Saylor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_GiQTyoVCA


and here are 2 fantastic entertaining! lectures by him about jazz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5EQFPLcD_w


here one year later with Wynton Marsalis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPshEdJvKj4


Often Jon Batiste (and his band) perform at schools. Here 2013 in Boston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ZY0hFxuCA


or just walk down the streets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-KO8bRYkvY

Aixlachapelle

Posts : 111
Join date : 2016-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by Aixlachapelle on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:35 pm

As Emily cited Lin-Manual Miranda's Sonnett on twitter and I think that the Bear family is befriended with Seth Rudetzky one of the organizers  I think its OK to post this here.

http://www.broadwayrecords.com/broadway-for-orlando

https://player.vimeo.com/video/171342930

Aixlachapelle

Posts : 111
Join date : 2016-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by Aixlachapelle on Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:24 pm

<
Someone uoloaded a few videos from the Niagara Festival Gig  May 7th 2016

Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kknJH0zTVo


Bumble Boogie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUJEYP4fkNE



The Walking Out Ceremony (on the spot)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q967HMrUKQ4


In the last video the uploader shows herself meeting Emily Bear after the concert for an autograph. There are no meet and greets where you have to pay for! Emily sits at a table, talks and writes autographs.
A few month ago Hilary Hahn was here at my hometown - one of the world most famous violinists, filling concert venues all over the world. It was the same. A small friendly woman signing autographs.

Real stars need no meet and greet! I would never pay for such a thing. If the musician does not want to sign autographs its ok, but only meeting for money...no..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVi45gZBLAQ

Aixlachapelle

Posts : 111
Join date : 2016-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by bruce 34 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:56 am

[quote

In the last video the uploader shows herself meeting Emily Bear after the concert for an autograph. There are no meet and greets where you have to pay for! Emily sits at a table, talks and writes autographs.
A few month ago Hilary Hahn was here at my hometown - one of the world most famous violinists, filling concert venues all over the world. It was the same. A small friendly woman signing autographs.

Real stars need no meet and greet! I would never pay for such a thing. If the musician does not want to sign autographs its ok, but only meeting for money...no..

quote]

Well that brings back memories. A few years ago I purchased a meet and greet ticket to see Jackie in Las Vegas and guess what ........ I got to have a picture taken with David Foster......woop de dooooo!!!! and no Jackie. Two years later I did the same thing and got to stand next to Jackie in NJ for two seconds while someone used my camera to take a picture of both of us. The pic was so bad (of me) that I deleted it haha. I had never paid for a M&G before and since and thinking back, it was just a grab for money. Live and learn. Oh, and the only autograph I got was a bit of scribble on a poster which may or may not have been Jackie's. I value my autographs of Paul and Linda Mc Cartney and Bob Dylan and others which were given freely way more than that paid for one.
avatar
bruce 34

Posts : 740
Join date : 2016-01-24
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by Garth C on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:13 am

bruce 34 wrote:


Well that brings back memories. A few years ago I purchased a meet and greet ticket to see Jackie in Las Vegas and guess what ........ I got to have a picture taken with David Foster......woop de dooooo!!!! and no Jackie. Two years later I did the same thing and got to stand next to Jackie in NJ for two seconds while someone used my camera to take a picture of both of us. The pic was so bad (of me) that I deleted it haha. I had never paid  for a M&G before and since and thinking back, it was just a grab for money. Live and learn. Oh, and the only autograph I got was a bit of scribble on a poster which may or may not have been Jackie's. I value my autographs of Paul and Linda Mc Cartney and Bob Dylan and others which were given freely way more than that paid for one.

I didn't realize you made a couple of trips to the US to see Jackie, Bruce! Did you do any writeups of those adventures on the old forum? Were they specific trips to see Jackie or were you just in the neighborhood for those concerts?

I do agree that a fan should not have to pay big money to get an autograph. I think the stars that take the time to sign autographs and take pics with fans have a lot stronger bond with their fan bases as well.

avatar
Garth C

Posts : 1958
Join date : 2016-01-23
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by bruce 34 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:37 am

Garth C wrote:
bruce 34 wrote:


Well that brings back memories. A few years ago I purchased a meet and greet ticket to see Jackie in Las Vegas and guess what ........ I got to have a picture taken with David Foster......woop de dooooo!!!! and no Jackie. Two years later I did the same thing and got to stand next to Jackie in NJ for two seconds while someone used my camera to take a picture of both of us. The pic was so bad (of me) that I deleted it haha. I had never paid  for a M&G before and since and thinking back, it was just a grab for money. Live and learn. Oh, and the only autograph I got was a bit of scribble on a poster which may or may not have been Jackie's. I value my autographs of Paul and Linda Mc Cartney and Bob Dylan and others which were given freely way more than that paid for one.

I didn't realize you made a couple of trips to the US to see Jackie, Bruce! Did you do any writeups of those adventures on the old forum? Were they specific trips to see Jackie or were you just in the neighborhood for those concerts?

I do agree that a fan should not have to pay big money to get an autograph. I think the stars that take the time to sign autographs and take pics with fans have a lot stronger bond with their fan bases as well.


Actually four trips to the US to see Jackie's concerts but I really enjoyed meeting other fans and seeing the country. I travelled to Atlanta, Chicago, New York, Las Vegas and Newark, the first two were on the same trip, just a couple of internal flights to see both concerts. It was all written up on Phil's forum. The highlights were meeting all the other fans. That was a few years ago now and I had been there a few times before for other concerts.
avatar
bruce 34

Posts : 740
Join date : 2016-01-24
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by Aixlachapelle on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:13 pm

On Friday she was opening for Jon Batiste and Stay Human ( practically also The Colbert Show Band) in Brooklyn/NY

Here with Jon Batiste

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIQIXGwguVw


Amazing view of NYC - Concert tonight #brooklyn #Williamsburg @jonbatiste #StayHuman #prospectpark @celebratebklyn

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn-1-LQWAAAW7nQ.jpg



Excited to open for Jon Batiste tonight at Celebrate Brooklyn at the Prospect Park Bandshell Come stop by!!

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13754400_10153843752746588_272319742558914837_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=243498f07a172d45a49080697c6e4688&oe=582FEFDD


Photo by her brother

Soundcheck @BRICcelebrateBK @JonBatiste #prospectpark #brooklyn - concert tonight! Photo @benjibearphotography

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn_9dmaWEAAZfaJ.jpg


More photos

https://www.facebook.com/BRICcelebrateBK/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10153937622494209

https://www.facebook.com/EmilyBearPiano/photos/pcb.10153845535606588/10153845532006588/?type=3&theater

http://www.qromag.com/concert_gallery/?g2_itemId=753147

The next day she visited a concert of the Count Basie Orchestra at the Blue Note and met Kelly Peterson (widow of Oscar Peterson)

Loved seeing the amazing @countbasieorch @ScottyBarnhart @birdlandjazz last night with Kelly Peterson @kellysblues

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoJQnBLXYAQ191j?format=jpg&name=large


On Sunday Geman TV re-broacasted her Schlossplatz Stuttgart Concert

This link works till Saturday 30.7.

http://www.ardmediathek.de/tv/kulturmatinée/Emily-Bear-bei-den-Jazzopen-Stuttgart-20/SWR-Fernsehen/Video?bcastId=19396202&documentId=36678794

Aixlachapelle

Posts : 111
Join date : 2016-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by mahtnarg on Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:05 am

Thanks Aixlachapelle for the link to the Schlossplatz Stuttgart Concert.

Lovely to watch the interaction between Emily and the band members all of whom showed their obvious enjoyment at being on stage with Emily. She's well on the way to being a great entertainer not to mention her brilliance in piano and composition.
I found an interesting show about Billie Holiday on that site as well.

mahtnarg

Posts : 172
Join date : 2016-01-26
Location : To Be Advised

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by Aixlachapelle on Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:48 am

mahtnarg wrote:Thanks Aixlachapelle for the link to the Schlossplatz Stuttgart Concert.

Lovely to watch the interaction between Emily and the band members all of whom showed their obvious enjoyment at being on stage with Emily. She's well on the way to being a great entertainer not to mention her brilliance in piano and composition.
I found an interesting show about Billie Holiday on that site as well.

after yesterday broadcasting Emily Bear "Diversity"  was for short time on #14 itunes jazz Germany

There are many interesting, entertaining things you can find in this library.

http://www.ardmediathek.de/tv

When I just searched for "USA" I found e.g this

http://www.ardmediathek.de/tv/suche?searchText=usa

With Oldtimer through USA ( This 78yo woman drives around the world, in the moment she is in Chile https://heidi-um-die-welt.com )

http://www.ardmediathek.de/tv/Dokumentation-und-Reportage/Mit-dem-Oldtimer-durch-die-USA/rbb-Fernsehen/Video?bcastId=3822114&documentId=35055786

Some train docu

http://www.ardmediathek.de/tv/Eisenbahn-Romantik/Steamtown-USA/SWR-Fernsehen/Video?bcastId=1100776&documentId=34249420

Here is a docu about parenting in the USA Wink

http://www.ardmediathek.de/tv/Weltspiegel/Weltspiegel-Reportage-Amerikas-Eltern-i/Das-Erste/Video?bcastId=329478&documentId=33207508

Simply search with catchphrase, titles, names...e.g. November candidates Wink

Concert - Konzert (german)
Music - Musik
Symphony - Symphonie

Unde the video you can read (verfügbar bis - available till - and a date)

Have fun Smile

Aixlachapelle

Posts : 111
Join date : 2016-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by Aixlachapelle on Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:53 am


Aixlachapelle

Posts : 111
Join date : 2016-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by Aixlachapelle on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:37 pm

If someone may record it.

Exiting news! This sunday I will be featured on the Disney Channel as part Disney's "Dream Big, Princess: Dream Out Loud!" with Laura Marano, star of Austin & Ally, Radio Disney. Tune in at 6 pm EST to catch me during the airing of Tangled & Disney Descendants - such a awesome project to be part of! Check out the preview airing on the Disney Channel now.  
photo © (Disney Channel/Philicia Endelman)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xla1/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14066385_10153929802071588_576013249582879424_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9

new website in the works

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14045696_10153927451566588_5453974312439017346_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=4ec5485838666ecd6b74bff136fa0b2f&oe=58598F67&__gda__=1480362437_dd56aaff24ecab3d5677a9af489a57d0

Aixlachapelle

Posts : 111
Join date : 2016-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by Charlie M on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:43 pm

Aixlachapelle wrote:If someone may record it.

Exiting news! This sunday I will be featured on the Disney Channel as part Disney's "Dream Big, Princess: Dream Out Loud!" with Laura Marano, star of Austin & Ally, Radio Disney. Tune in at 6 pm EST to catch me during the airing of Tangled & Disney Descendants - such a awesome project to be part of! Check out the preview airing on the Disney Channel now.  
photo © (Disney Channel/Philicia Endelman)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xla1/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14066385_10153929802071588_576013249582879424_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9

new website in the works

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14045696_10153927451566588_5453974312439017346_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=4ec5485838666ecd6b74bff136fa0b2f&oe=58598F67&__gda__=1480362437_dd56aaff24ecab3d5677a9af489a57d0
Neither of those links would work for me Till. Sad
avatar
Charlie M

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2016-01-24
Location : Vail, Colorado- USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by Aixlachapelle on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:07 pm

The links (really full view on screen) work for me.

If someone may record the feature on Disney Channel...

Aixlachapelle

Posts : 111
Join date : 2016-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by Charlie M on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:13 pm

Aixlachapelle wrote:The links (really full view on screen) work for me.

If someone may record the feature on Disney Channel...
Tried it again--- no luck. Possibly the same problem you stated on the tech thread. Until someone else tries those links you posted we will not know. Rolling Eyes
avatar
Charlie M

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2016-01-24
Location : Vail, Colorado- USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Bear

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum