STAR BURST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Iuliana Beregoi
by Garth C Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:46 pm

» Karolina Protsenko
by Garth C Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:37 pm

» Laura Bretan
by Garth C Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:31 pm

» Sofia Shkidchenko
by Garth C Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:25 pm

» Renata Tairova
by Mikki Ort Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:42 am

» Ana Kodra
by Garth C Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:01 pm

» Ariana Maistrov
by Garth C Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:54 pm

» Emily Linge
by bruce 34 Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:25 am

» Maria Panyukova
by Garth C Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:01 pm

» Maria Mirova
by bruce 34 Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:21 am

» Eva Timush
by Sylver Cheetah 53 Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:47 am

» Yasya Degtyareva
by Garth C Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:53 pm

» Eva Silivestru
by Garth C Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:20 pm

» Adela Borș
by Garth C Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:59 pm

» Amelia Uzun
by Garth C Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:48 pm

» Diana Ankudinova
by Garth C Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:22 am

» Kamelia Melnic
by Garth C Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:20 am

» Margarita Vorobyeva
by Garth C Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:14 pm

» Amira Willighagen
by Garth C Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:19 pm

» Gurinel TV
by Garth C Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:57 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Grace VanderWaal

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grace VanderWaal - Page 5 Empty Grace VanderWaal

Post by bruce 34 Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Grace VanderWaal - Page 5 Grace-vanderwaal-social-media

Grace VanderWaal is from Suffern, New York, and was the winner of America's Got Talent in 2016.  She lives with her mother, father, her older sister by three years (and best friend) Olivia, and two dogs. Grace started writing music at the age of three, making up songs with her wireless microphone. Before her audition, she had never sung in front of very large crowds.

You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2qc1KM4zgRoOpysqVEaNbw

Facebook Page:  
https://www.facebook.com/GraceVanderWaalMusic/?fref=ts

Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/grace_vanderwaal/

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/GraceVanderWaal?cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email
bruce 34
bruce 34

Back to top Go down

Grace VanderWaal - Page 5 Empty Re: Grace VanderWaal

Post by Garth C Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:51 pm

I don't think I have seen this pic before, Grace and Brooklyn Rockett backstage :D

Grace VanderWaal - Page 5 14045601_912396595531050_2993418917107718513_n

Garth C
Garth C

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth C Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:06 pm

Max1 wrote:Guys, I hate to be a wet blanket,but Grace just does not do it for me. :pale: As Simon said, the notes were wrong and her voice was crunchy. She has no stage presence. Either Laura or Callie are light years better. Rolling Eyes

Now you can start booing! Joker

Nothing wrong with cheering for your favorite(s). However, in my experience with being a fan of different artists over the years, it is never a good idea to cut down the competition, as they also have fans who feel just as strongly about their favorites. That is why I made the following request in the Rules of Conduct when this forum was created:

Different people like different artists so feel free to post positive information or news about your favorites on their threads. If you don't happen to like certain artists, kindly avoid posting negative comments on their threads. This only annoys or upsets their fans.

As Bruce mentioned, that opens a whole can of worms where everyone takes shots at the artists they don't care for, and suddenly this isn't the positive discussion place it is meant to be. I hope to avoid that scenario here.

Garth C
Garth C

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth C Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:11 pm

bruce 34 wrote:
Max1 wrote:Guys, I hate to be a wet blanket,but Grace just does not do it for me. :pale: As Simon said, the notes were wrong and her voice was crunchy. She has no stage presence. Either Laura or Callie are light years better. Rolling Eyes

I'm so happy to read this post, Max. It certainly opens a can of worms which we have not previously seen on this board. I have plenty to say in a similar vein on other threads but will leave my opinions till a bit later as I have had a couple of drinks with some friends and feel that my responses right now might be inappropriate.

That's why I also mentioned this in the Rules of Conduct:

If you are upset about something or someone while you are typing a post, take some time to calm down before hitting the Enter key. LOL!

Thanks for not hitting that Enter key. :)

Garth C
Garth C

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie M Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:45 pm

Garth C wrote:
bruce 34 wrote:

I'm so happy to read this post, Max. It certainly opens a can of worms which we have not previously seen on this board. I have plenty to say in a similar vein on other threads but will leave my opinions till a bit later as I have had a couple of drinks with some friends and feel that my responses right now might be inappropriate.

That's why I also mentioned this in the Rules of Conduct:

If you are upset about something or someone while you are typing a post, take some time to calm down before hitting the Enter key. LOL!

Thanks for not hitting that Enter key. :)

There is even a better way to do it and I am an expert at it. Just go ahead and post it if it makes you feel better. I do it all the time. Then go back and edit it before anyone has a chance to read it. I am sure that drives everyone crazy because you get multiple emails that someone has posted to a topic and sometimes there is nothing there. Laughing Out Loud!
Charlie M
Charlie M

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce 34 Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm

Charlie M wrote:I don't know why this has not been posted yet. This video is so dark. I can't find a better one.

As soon as those two were announced there was no doubt that both would go through although I don't think Grace was thinking that.

Good thing they put her on last. Had she been first they would have lost half the viewers. I had to have a laugh at the comments for the acts before her. So many "where's Grace?" comments were driving their fans mad lol. I joined in, of course, just to carry it on. I just checked the views for that quarter final Grace had 1,743,728 while the magician had the next highest with 472,655. Not bad for 2 days.

One other thought was that up till 2 months ago Grace had none of that social media support. It must have felt a mighty burden to carry all that expectation and then perform as well as she did. It was said that she was literally shaking backstage.

Only two more performances. The semi and then the final. Who wants to bet she won't be in the final?
bruce 34
bruce 34

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce 34 Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:49 pm

Thought this was a good pic.

Grace VanderWaal - Page 5 CqqJBFgWIAEsmBW
bruce 34
bruce 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Aixlachapelle Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:06 pm

As much as I see her incredible talent the comments of the jurors are terrifying and irresponsble. Just for the promo of the show they outpace each other with sensational praise.

You will be the next Taylor Swift, no,you will be bigger than...that's totally irresponsible.

I can only hope that Grace and her parents treat this like jokes and don't take it serious.

Aixlachapelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie M Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:16 pm

Is that Gatorade? I want some! Drunken

Charlie M
Charlie M

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce 34 Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:10 pm

Charlie M wrote:Is that Gatorade? I want some! Drunken

It wasn't the clearest stream, that's for sure. The one thing I got out of it was that she will be in the semi final this coming Tuesday. I did see on one of Garth's recent posts about Laura that she will be there also. If the last quarter final was any indication we should get the you tube videos around midday Wednesday.
bruce 34
bruce 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth C Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:52 pm

<

bruce 34 wrote:The one thing I got out of it was that she will be in the semi final this coming Tuesday. I did see on one of Garth's recent posts about Laura that she will be there also.

This is supposedly the lineup for Tuesday:

America’s Got Talent returns for the start of the semi-finals on Tuesday, August 30 at 8 p.m. on NBC. Competing will be Tape Face, Edgar, Jon Dorenbos, Sal Valentinetti, Musicality, Deadly Games, Laura Bretan, Lori Mae Hernandez, Blake Vogt, and Grace Vanderwaal.

Garth C
Garth C

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce 34 Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:44 pm

I don't think she was as good tonight as she was last week but I also didn't think any of the other acts stepped it up either. She will be in the final with Tapeface and three others from tonight, just not sure who the others will be.

bruce 34
bruce 34

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce 34 Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:49 am

I have looked at quite a few comments on You tube and can definitely believe the number of hate comments for Grace. It only happens to someone who is successful and is a threat to the artists they want to win.

I'm just hoping that if she does win that she is not tied into signing to Syco. She is so much better than that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is not a talent show, it's a tv show so we don't need to say who sings better than who or who is the best magician etc. it is up to the viewing public as to who they think who is the best overall act.

I think this line from her song sums it up "if people don't like it they can close their eyes"
bruce 34
bruce 34

Back to top Go down

Post by mahtnarg Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:31 am

<
Well there's no doubt that Grace is an amazing Girl. Whatever else she should win the Gold Medal for original composition and the guts to present it. No idea whether she had help with the score but what the hell, the song is just pure Grace. Simon Cowell commented that she was singing for a new generation and in a sense she is but, people from generations long gone would relate to what she writes. It's just brilliant. Stuff like that gets written for the theme line for movies. Amazing just Amazing. That's my two cents worth anyway. :flower:

mahtnarg

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie M Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:37 am

Grace is just amazing! I agree that it wasn't her best! She reminds me of a vaudeville act that you don't expect to be very good and then it slams you and you say----Damn----that was good. I don't know--- I think Max has it right and I expected Laura to win.(--she is the better talent) But she blew it this time. I agree with Bruce that we will just have to wait and I know we will be disappointed just like we have been many times before.:|
Charlie M
Charlie M

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce 34 Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:35 pm

As expected.

bruce 34
bruce 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie M Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:01 pm

Howie had the best advise. I don't think he is the best to give it, but in this case he is right on! :D
Charlie M
Charlie M

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce 34 Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:17 pm

<
Charlie M wrote:Howie had the best advise. I don't think he is the best to give it, but in this case he is right on! :D

I just wrote the same thing on Laura's thread. I promise I didn't read this first, Charlie!!
bruce 34
bruce 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie M Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:22 pm

bruce 34 wrote:
Charlie M wrote:Howie had the best advise. I don't think he is the best to give it, but in this case he is right on! :D

I just wrote the same thing on Laura's thread. I promise I didn't read this first, Charlie!!
There is a name for that. Laughing Out Loud!
Charlie M
Charlie M

Back to top Go down

Post by mahtnarg Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:40 pm

Here's the lyrics of Grace's Light The Sky

mahtnarg

Back to top Go down

Post by mahtnarg Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:24 am

<
Grace is certainly getting plenty of attention....the YouTube numbers are going crazy over her latest.
I've read through a heap of the comments out of curiosity. There seems to be the usual mix but on the whole people are positive.
Quite a few comments about Grace's talent for lyrics and her composition, structural brilliance. Nobody has anything negative to say about her timing, most comments were about her diction and being a bit wobbly at the start....nerves must have been screaming.
A couple of people decided that the rawness of the performance was a major part of her appeal. Bit like Johnny Cash who often wobbled off pitch and wandered from note to note and love him or hate him Cash was hugely popular. Some comments that if she continued to write such lyrics she would have a very positive influence on young people especially her peers.
Well I hope she is able to deal with the pressure of expectations, her own and what's been thrust upon her....just hope she survives the machine as indeed we've heard from Howie

Amazing Girl....talent beyond her years.........

mahtnarg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top