STAR BURST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Daneliya Tuleshova
by Garth C Yesterday at 1:51 pm

» Karolina Protsenko
by Garth C Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Emily Linge
by bruce 34 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:15 am

» Iuliana Beregoi
by Garth C Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:53 pm

» Patricia Janeckova
by bruce 34 Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:13 am

» Laura Bretan
by Garth C Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:31 pm

» Sofia Shkidchenko
by Garth C Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:25 pm

» Renata Tairova
by Mikki Ort Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:42 am

» Ana Kodra
by Garth C Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:01 pm

» Ariana Maistrov
by Garth C Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:54 pm

» Maria Panyukova
by Garth C Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:01 pm

» Maria Mirova
by bruce 34 Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:21 am

» Eva Timush
by Sylver Cheetah 53 Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:47 am

» Yasya Degtyareva
by Garth C Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:53 pm

» Eva Silivestru
by Garth C Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:20 pm

» Adela Borș
by Garth C Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:59 pm

» Amelia Uzun
by Garth C Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:48 pm

» Diana Ankudinova
by Garth C Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:22 am

» Kamelia Melnic
by Garth C Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:20 am

» Margarita Vorobyeva
by Garth C Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:14 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Maria Mirova

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maria Mirova - Page 4 Empty Maria Mirova

Post by Charlie M Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Maria Mirova - Page 4 TmsY5PIojMc

Maria took 2nd place in JESC Russian National Final in 2015.

Admin Edit:

Youtube Channel:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrcxBsvK0LDpuZcUAkjfPlg

VK Page:  https://vk.com/mariamirova  

VK Fan Page:  https://vk.com/mariamirovaofficialgroup

Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/mirovamv/
Charlie M
Charlie M

Back to top Go down

Maria Mirova - Page 4 Empty Re: Maria Mirova

Post by Admin Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:25 pm

<

Post Moved (posted by Fretfire):

Hi all, I'm Joe, a guitarist from the Chicago area.

I joined a while ago but haven't posted yet because I'm still waiting for you guys to start talking about actual singing. If you were talking about singing and young singers who are truly great artists, you'd be talking a lot about Maria Mirova - even though she hasn't gotten as much exposure as the other singers you're talking about in this forum. Just in the videos you have posted in the mere 3 pages of her thread, there's more than enough evidence of her absolutely unique and brilliant vocal artistry. A quick search of her videos on youtube, with the western "Maria or Masha Mirova" but especially with the Cyrillic "Мария or Маша Мирова" will reveal that she actually had her own style at the age of about 8! While experimenting with her own style, she also showed unbelievable versatility at such a young age. How about this - skip the 1st song, "Imagine". That's good, & actually shows more of her own style that was developing, but jump to the 2nd song starting at about 3:17 - Perfection! That was a maestro performance, I've been a musician for 45 years and I can't find 1 single flaw. She throws herself 150% into this. But the audience response is so weak, and no one ever seems to comment much on this or on many of her videos....why is that? It's really a mystery to me that people don't talk more about her - for instance, this 1 is pure STAR POWER:

Why 0 comments? I believe she was still 9, maybe just 10 on this. That's inconceivable to me, after that swinging, relaxed yet explosive, confident, grooving, masterful performance? NO comments? How about this 1, with the 7 year old belting out this Gypsy song as if she had been through years of pain & tragedy? Amazing! At least this audience wasn't brain dead!

Listen to her many different versions of "Titanium" (in the recent Bitva Talantov, she was being way more careful than usual, very good but not her best) - the way she sings the lines "You shoot me down, but I won't fall" (3rdX, at 0:51 in the 1st clip), "sticks and stones may break my bones" & "But it's you who have further to fall" - then listen to OTHER singers do these parts. NO one sings them like her! I'll post a few here, the only problem is that most of what's available of Maria's performances are cell phone recordings, many of pretty bad audio quality (watch out for bass overload in this 1st clip!): or for better footage of the same performance: https://vk.com/video218566351_171404131  

Then there's this - you guys should be talking about her every day just because of this 1 performance alone (from over 2 years ago) - MAX emotion, power....who else sings like this??

In fact, every cover I've heard Maria do has been better phrasing, more emotion and way more powerful than even the original artist. Nikki Yanofsky was the closest, and I still think Maria's versions of her songs are better than the original, especially "Something New": https://vk.com/video-94480763_456239158 The kid's got SOUL!! Another great example of Maria's soul:

This comparison is really laughable - Ellie Goulding's "Burn". Cool idea but really weak, airy vocal delivery. I'm sure it's intentional but I also have a feeling there's not a whole lot more there:

Now Maria covering "Burn" at an audition - you have to jump to about 2:00, skip the 1st song....you might want to sit down before she gets to the chorus:
The stupid judge stopped her of course - I would have asked her to finish it, do it all over again & tell the other kids waiting to listen & learn something! One thing's for sure, Ellie got pretty much vaporized...

She doesn't sing songs the same way twice - the mark of a true improvisor & artist, always changing her phrasing. "The Winner Takes It All" is a great example - I'm sure you're all familiar with the phenomenal blind audition "The Voice" version: That's enough in itself to talk about to fill 40 pages in this thread! Then the unfortunate final when she had a terrible cold & had to sing it again - still respectable, she did her best. But in the following year or 2, she did many versions of this song that can still be found on youtube or VK.com. She always changes the phrasing, develops more power - every one of these short versions will give you the chills when she comes in with that chorus.

Maria M. only sings parts of this song, but look what happens to poor Maria Luisa Pensabene when she's unsuspectingly booked to perform a duet of the song with MM: The look on MLP's face on MM's 1st chorus says it all! MLP's a fine singer, very good, but MM's phrasing is better & delivered with twice the power - and I think she was still 9 here! This seems to happen almost every time she's paired with an adult singer, except this one super cool example, where she instead transforms herself to a "mini-me" of Angelika Varum:
Totally slick, smooth, & professional. When you take these clips & many, many more, the versatility & skill is astounding for someone of any age, much less a child!

I know I've barged in here, 1st time post and gone on about Maria, but it bugs me that no one seems to talk about her, while they go on about kids that are good, but much lesser, IMO. My whole point is that Maria is a great kid singer, yes, but I think she'll prove to be more than that - an innovative, pioneering vocalist - she also wants to be an actress & to write her own music.

Also, why is there no thread for Eden Golan, Milana Pavlova, Anna Chernotalova, Beau Dermott, Shaheen Jafargholi, Alexey Zabugin, Lev Axelrod? At least Connie Talbot & Saida Muhammadjan are covered, but in Saida's case there's only 1 reply. IMO, THESE are some of the kids to watch! Especially Maria!

Thanks for your time,
J. LaBanco (Fretfire)

Admin
Admin

https://starburst.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth C Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:27 pm

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum!

I moved your post to Maria's topic as the main forum topics are for individual singers, whereas the Member Discussion Forum is more for general topics or comments. Since your post was mainly regarding Maria, it is relevant to that topic.

You are obviously a big Maria fan! She has other fans here as well. And as you have noticed, there are people here who are fans of various artists, some more so than others.

As mentioned in the Welcome comments, different people like different artists, so some may not share quite the same enthusiasm for a particular artist that others do, although they still are a fan of that artist as well. We do discuss singing and post videos, but are also interested in other things the artists may be doing, such as acting, photo shoots, etc.

Regarding other singers that there is no topic for as yet, the reason is that no one is or was impressed enough or a big enough fan to start one, I suppose. There is no restriction on someone starting a topic for an artist they like or think should be discussed. There is a post about Starting A Topic for artists, which anyone is welcome to do, provided the first post of the topic is kept short due to the carryover from page to page.
Garth C
Garth C

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie M Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:14 pm

Hi Joe, Welcome! Happy to see you here! I started this thread for Maria about 2 years ago. We all have our favorites and mine is Maria Panukova. We try to mix it up because of all these talented kids we find. I remember that I was curious that you only posted once before and then nothing. The more that we broaden this out, the better. Maria M. is one that I follow and I really like her! Please join in our conversation! Thumbs Up!

Charlie M
Charlie M

Back to top Go down

Post by Fretfire Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:09 pm

Garth C wrote:
Hi Joe, welcome to the forum!

I moved your post to Maria's topic as the main forum topics are for individual singers, whereas the Member Discussion Forum is more for general topics or comments. Since your post was mainly regarding Maria, it is relevant to that topic.

You are obviously a big Maria fan! She has other fans here as well. And as you have noticed, there are people here who are fans of various artists, some more so than others.

As mentioned in the Welcome comments, different people like different artists, so some may not share quite the same enthusiasm for a particular artist that others do, although they still are a fan of that artist as well. We do discuss singing and post videos, but are also interested in other things the artists may be doing, such as acting, photo shoots, etc.

Regarding other singers that there is no topic for as yet, the reason is that no one is or was impressed enough or a big enough fan to start one, I suppose. There is no restriction on someone starting a topic for an artist they like or think should be discussed. There is a post about Starting A Topic for artists, which anyone is welcome to do, provided the first post of the topic is kept short due to the carryover from page to page.

Thanks, Garth! I realized I hadn't posted in Maria's thread and was looking for a way to move it, must be admin only. I know better now for next time. Thanks for the welcome, I know I got carried away but I get frustrated not seeing any activity in the thread, and as I was saying, even the weird lack of comments in her youtube videos. I may think about starting a thread for an artist or 2 in the future. I promise, a bit more restraint next time! Rolling Eyes Cheers!
Fretfire
Fretfire

https://www.youtube.com/user/FretsOnFire

Back to top Go down

Post by Fretfire Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:23 pm

Charlie M wrote:Hi Joe, Welcome! Happy to see you here! I started this thread for Maria about 2 years ago. We all have our favorites and mine is Maria Panukova. We try to mix it up because of all these talented kids we find. I remember that I was curious that you only posted once before and then nothing. The more that we broaden this out, the better. Maria M. is one that I follow and I really like her! Please join in our conversation! Thumbs Up!

Thanks for the welcome Charlie! In fact, I 1st stumbled on Maria M's "Winner" blind audition when I was looking for other videos of Maria Panyukova, after seeing her on The Voice doing "Still Loving You" - youtube had links for Maria M mixed in there. Looking forward to chatting here! I'm kind of sporadic, might not be active for weeks. I guess I make up for it with quantity, when I do post?! ;)
Fretfire
Fretfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie M Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:43 pm

Fretfire wrote:
Charlie M wrote:Hi Joe, Welcome! Happy to see you here! I started this thread for Maria about 2 years ago. We all have our favorites and mine is Maria Panukova. We try to mix it up because of all these talented kids we find. I remember that I was curious that you only posted once before and then nothing. The more that we broaden this out, the better. Maria M. is one that I follow and I really like her! Please join in our conversation! Thumbs Up!

Thanks for the welcome Charlie! In fact, I 1st stumbled on Maria M's "Winner" blind audition when I was looking for other videos of Maria Panyukova, after seeing her on The Voice doing "Still Loving You" - youtube had links for Maria M mixed in there. Looking forward to chatting here! I'm kind of sporadic, might not be active for weeks. I guess I make up for it with quantity, when I do post?! ;)
No prob whatsoever! You might want to look at the Allie Sherlock thread. She is a recent addition. You might have something in common although I doubt you hang out on street corners with your case open. Laughing
Charlie M
Charlie M

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth C Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:52 pm

Fretfire wrote:Thanks, Garth! I realized I hadn't posted in Maria's thread and was looking for a way to move it, must be admin only. I know better now for next time. Thanks for the welcome, I know I got carried away but I get frustrated not seeing any activity in the thread, and as I was saying, even the weird lack of comments in her youtube videos. I may think about starting a thread for an artist or 2 in the future. I promise, a bit more restraint next time! Rolling Eyes Cheers!

Even as Admin, I cannot actually click a button and move a post, I can only move a Topic to another forum. However, if you post in the wrong spot, you can move your own posts the same way I do as Admin, which is as follows:

- Click Edit on your post and highlight and Copy the entire content of the Post.
- Start a post in the topic you want the post to be in and Paste the entire content that you Copied, then post it.
- Go back and Delete your original post. The Delete button is to the right of the Edit button at the top of the post.

Feel free to start a topic for an artist you like, using the instructions in the Starting A New Topic About An Artist subject in the Sticky Comments.

Garth C
Garth C

Back to top Go down

Post by Fretfire Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:54 pm

<
No, lol I'm not a busker, but I have played for tips on occasion. It takes a lot of guts to be out there by yourself on the street! Thanks for the Allie Sherlock tip, I checked out 1 video so far. I like her a lot already, very good!!
Fretfire
Fretfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellis F Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:02 pm

<
Heres one you may like. Maria and Denise Hooray!  Happy

Ellis F

Back to top Go down

Post by Fretfire Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:59 am

Absolutely, thanks Ellis! Thumbs Up!
Fretfire
Fretfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellis F Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:28 pm

<
your welcome. Happy   Maria Mirova - Page 4 Rg4qfUO9XGI

Ellis F

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellis F Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:40 pm

<
Battle of Talents 2  Thumbs Up!    https://vk.com/video217609231_456239223?list=0a9bbe2572f428a6c3

Ellis F

Back to top Go down

Post by Fretfire Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:27 pm

This is an interesting clip, thanks for posting Ellis! Milana Pavlova (13) is a phenomenal singer (I may start a thread on her), and in the last Battle of Talents I could tell she was really digging this song, "Something New" when Maria was performing it. This style is not her forte tho - she was singing most of the song on this clip, but it sounded kind of funny to me, and Maria's so kind and humble (this IS one of the styles that Maria really excels in), she was totally laying back & letting Milana do most of it. I wonder if this was an informal thing, or part of the actual competition? Anyway, here are 2 clips, 1 from the last Battle, in styles in which Milana truly excels:
Fretfire
Fretfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellis F Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:43 pm

<
Your welcome. Maria has always been one of my favorites for about 4 years or so.

Ellis F

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellis F Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:12 pm

<
Thumbs Up!  

Ellis F

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellis F Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:47 pm

<
fretwire heres one by milana for u

Ellis F

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth C Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:21 pm

<

Fretfire wrote:Milana Pavlova (13) is a phenomenal singer (I may start a thread on her)

Since there is more than one fan here posting videos, I have started the topic. Yes!

Garth C
Garth C

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellis F Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:06 pm

<
Happy Thumbs Up!   Maria Mirova - Page 4 YWg878pTV-I

Ellis F

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellis F Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:42 pm

<
A nice pix Happy   Sunny   Maria Mirova - Page 4 K-WpwH5Qstc

Ellis F

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellis F Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:52 am

<
Hooray! Hooray! Happy Thumbs Up! Hooray! Hooray!  I am insanely happy I won the nomination " The singer of the year " for  girl girls teens. I`m very happy about it. Thanks to my beloved acadamy_Igorkrutoy for the opportunity to participate in this nomination and win.   Maria Mirova - Page 4 9L9ARqypsX0

Ellis F

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top